Friday, February 3, 2012

Forced Wedding

During a wedding reception; d groom was called upon to give his vote of thanx to his guests... He stood up. Walked graciously to d MC, took d mic, den he dipped his hand into his pocket, brought out a long list, adjusted d rim of his specs, cleared his throat and began to read his vote of thanx: 1. I want 2 1st of all thank Lord Almighty for creating my wife & 2 also thank d pastor & his wife 4 lending us dia wedding rings.2. Special appreciation to my landlord who lent us his car.3. I am most grateful to my boss 4 approving the loan i used 4 d wedding.4. Big thanx 2 d committee of friends for the appeal fund dey raised on my behalf.5. Also to my brother's wife, thank u 4 lending us ur wedding gown.6. Am so grateful 2 d cake designer for d cake. I promised 2 return it 2moro morning as agreed without cutting or eating out of it.7. Special thanks 2 my friends who brought food from dia homes 2 help me feed you all. Please 4 dose who were served food good luck & 4 dose who didnt get any, well we will make it up 2 u during our child dedication ( hopefully next year).8. Very big thanks 2 my parents 4 bringing d village cultural band to supply d music as well as entertain us all here 2day.9. Not forgetting d church marriage committee, thank u 4 persuading my wife to marry me.10. Appreciation 2 the married men in d church 4 rushing me into dis marriage.11. D women are not left out, thanks a lot for teaching my wife how to dance.12. To d youths, thank u 4 sweeping & decorating dis venue with palm fronds.13. I am also grateful 2 my teenage friends for helping with the Zobo drink14. Appreciation 2 my co-tenants for contributing money 4 d cameraman15. Well, I wish u all safetjourney & I pray u don't experience what I suffered 4 this wedding. Thank you

No comments: